The New Zealand Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Association [NZCTWA] is a MOH recognised Self - Regulating trade group devoted to protecting public safety
Dealing with a NZCTWA Registered Teeth Whitening Practitioner displaying NZCTWA Certification is your assurance that you're dealing with a trained, qualified and safe Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioner or vendor who takes a pride in the quality of their service and care
NZCTWA members practitioner theory training for registration
THE NZCTWA PROVIDES A COMPREHENSIVE WORLD-CLASS TRAINING COURSE FOR MEMBERS WISHING TO BECOME NZCTWA REGISTERED PRACTITIONERS
The Registered Practitioners training offered by the NZCTWA is solely for those already in the industry who are paid up Members of the NZCTWA, or wish to join the Association and become a NZCTWA Registered Practitioner… BECOME A MEMBER
The New Zealand Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Association (NZCTWA) does not train newcomers into the industry;
Such training and mentoring is usually provided by a Franchisor, Licensor, or equipment supplier who should train you in the correct and safe use of their particular system.
Or, if you are new to the Industry, NZ based Training School for newcomers.
Because we have seen some serious outcomes, we strongly advise you not to buy a franchise or any equipment from any supplier who does not provide such ‘one-to-one’ training & mentoring.
Particularly if the Vendor is based in China, India, Australia, or the USA – We consider DVD/Video/workbook training is unsatisfactory and inadequate as there are serious mouth conditions you need to be shown by an experienced trainer and taught what to do.
This is because there are numerous ‘cheap toy’ LED systems touted on the internet, some no more effective than shining an LED torch in someones mouth and therefore a total waste of your money.
Moreover, in our experience, only a few such suppliers give adequate training in the use of their system and this has been a cause of client complaints – THIS TAINTS THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY
That is why to become a NZCTWA Registered Practitioner your supplier must be able to supply you with a SUPPLIERS CERTIFICATE
What is even more concerning to the NZCTWA is cheap ineffective ‘non-professional’ systems produce poor results when compared to professional systems, hence, clients can be disappointed. There is a difference between Brightening teeth and Whitening Teeth. THIS ALSO TAINTS THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY. See – What to look for when buying equipment
THE PRACTITIONER REGISTRATION TRAINING COURSE:
The Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Registered Practitioner Training Course is designed to provide members with comprehensive professional training in the practise of SAFE Cosmetic Teeth Whitening and is for one full day of solely theory; the onus is upon equipment & franchise vendors to provide the practical training & mentoring side of your business and they must supply certification that you are adequately trained qualified to safely use the equipment and whitening gel system they have provided you with
The Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioner Training Course is designed to provide members with comprehensive professional training in the practise of safe Cosmetic Teeth Whitening
Training courses operate with professional contributions of the Dentists, Chemists, Researchers & Global Teeth Whitening experts of some of the World’s foremost Teeth Whitening authorities
Once the NZCTWA Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioners course has been completed to the satisfaction of Association’ s Executive Training administrator, the member may become registered with the NZCTWA as a “NZCTWA Registered Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioner”
1. You should provide a suppliers certificate from your equipment and whitening gel supplier as proof that you have been adequately trained by them to use your machine correctly and apply the whitening gel safely.
2. Must already be a Certified Full member of the NZCTWA or have completed an Application for Certified Membership on the official NZCTWA Membership Application Form.
The Theory Training
- How Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Works
- An overview of the science and technology behind cosmetic teeth whitening
- Anatomy of a tooth
- Understanding the oral cavity as it relates to cosmetic tooth whitening
- Risks, side effects and safety controls
- Common Staining Types and how to treat them
- Identifying Cracked Teeth, compromised fillings, crowns, veneers & cavities
- Identifying Gum diseases such as Gingivitis, Periodontitis and the like
- Teeth Sensitivity; How to control and eliminate any discomfort
- Treatment Procedures and protocols
- Overview of Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Systems and Materials
- Carbamide Peroxide vs Hydrogen Peroxide
- DIY home bleaching kits
- Informed Consent forms
- Identifying unsuitable clients
- Saliva Control
- Post Procedure Care and Maintenance; 24-hour White Diet
- Storing The Whitening Gel
- Hygiene/Cross Infection Control
- Communication with your client
- NZCTWA Code Of Professional Conduct and Safe Practice
Practical Training and Mentoring
The onus of PRACTICAL training and mentoring in the use of your equipment is upon the Franchisor/Vendor supplier of your system
At the end of the course:
You will be awarded a framed NZCTWA Certificate of Training to hang on your clinic wall AND a Certificate of Registration and its logo to use with your marketing
Media Release 29th Aug 2011 – NZ First to Register Independent Teeth Whitening Practitioners
PRACTITIONERS following their induction at the New Zealand Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Associations special award ceremony held in Auckland on Saturday 27th August 2011.
President Mr JJ Joshi (Bottom centre); Vice President Mr Matt Mc Farlane (Bottom 3rd from LHS)
Find Out More about NZCTWA Training and Training Resources – email@example.com
Join the NZCTWA –
LOOK FOR THIS TRUSTED LOGO
Dealing with a NZCTWA Registered Teeth Whitening Practitioner displaying NZCTWA Registration is your assurance that you’re dealing with a professionally trained, qualified and safe Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Practitioner who takes a pride in the quality of their service and care.
- Keeping the Public and Governmental Administrators up to date with our industry Media Releases